Look inside Doppler Radar's new technology | News
MONTGOMERY, AL - A team of engineers continued to upgrade the Maxwell Air Force Base Doppler Radar to Dual Polarization on Thursday.
This upgrade in technology will give meteorologists a 3D picture of what a storm looks like. This will make it easier to see the difference between rain, hail, sleet and snow.
Storm Team 9 Meteorologist Justin Logan got an inside look at the upgrade today.
He will go more in depth on this new technology and its significance in weather detection in a story that will air on March 4 only on WTVM News Leader 9.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Santa Claus expected to "drop in" at Fort Benning's annual 250-foot airborne tower lighting ceremony
- Events coming Up Next! on Ft. Benning
- 12 years later, thousands of US soldiers spending holidays in Afghanistan
- Feeding an Army for Thanksgiving at Fort Benning
- Political commentator, military historian Lt. Col. Oliver North visits Ft. Benning