Traffic stop leads to drug arrest | News
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM)- A routine traffic stop led to a drug arrest Sunday afternoon, but not before the driver tried to make a run for it.
Police stopped 19-year-old Katlyn Rivers Sunday around 6 p.m. at Farr Road and Ford Drive because the passenger didn't have on a seatbelt.
Rivers took off running, but was later caught in the area and arrested.
A search of the vehicle turned up a small bag of suspected crack cocaine in the center console. She was driving a 1992 Black Buick Regal.
Copyright 2013 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Ft. Benning celebrates annual 250-foot Airborne Tower Lighting Ceremony
- Events coming Up Next! on Ft. Benning
- 12 years later, thousands of US soldiers spending holidays in Afghanistan
- Feeding an Army for Thanksgiving at Fort Benning
- Political commentator, military historian Lt. Col. Oliver North visits Ft. Benning