Suspect named in Monday night’s teen stabbing | News
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM)- We have new details about
a stabbing in a busy Columbus shopping complex Monday night.
The 17-year-old suspect, accused of using a knife on a 16-year-old boy, appeared in court Wednesday morning.
We've learned Jared Johnson and the victim were arguing over a girl.
Johnson pleaded not guilty in Recorder's Court Wednesday morning.
The incident happened as a fight broke out in the middle of the street at Adams Farm Drive and Whittlesey Boulevard Monday night at Columbus Park
Johnson is charged with aggravated assault and simple battery. The
16-year-old boy is still recovering at a local hospital. His mom tells us he is in stable condition.
According to court documents, Johnson told police he used the
weapon in self defense. Investigators could not find the six- inch knife after
searching for it at the scene. Johnson
is free on a $5,500 bond pending his next court appearance in Superior Court.
Copyright 2013 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Local university prepares for dangerous storms, builds shelters
- Ribbon cutting ceremony for new Children's Department at Phenix City Library
- Local 11th graders build playground for students with special needs
- Beer shoplifter pepper-sprays Piggly Wiggly employees
- Sgt. 1st Class Donald Wilson laid to rest