Inside the Columbus City Services Center | News
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM)-
It started as just a pile a dirt and now it's been transformed into a structure that is more than 70,000 square feet. Thursday, our camera went inside the complex that is about 90% complete.
"With the layout of the building and the location of the building we just think it will improve their accessibility to the tax office, business license office, elections registration," said Deputy City Manager David Arrington.
Much better than the current location at the government center. Finding parking and getting into the building have been constant complaints from citizens. Thursday night, a study on potential ways to fix the parking issues in uptown was held in the current city council chambers.
Business owners came out to give their input on the study which revealed that more garages need to be built in uptown for more parking.
"We believe that making it more convenient in a center city location will improve accessibility to those services and make it more convenient to the citizens."
The new City Services Center is expected to open its doors in June.
Copyright 2013 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Ft. Benning celebrates annual 250-foot Airborne Tower Lighting Ceremony
- Events coming Up Next! on Ft. Benning
- 12 years later, thousands of US soldiers spending holidays in Afghanistan
- Feeding an Army for Thanksgiving at Fort Benning
- Political commentator, military historian Lt. Col. Oliver North visits Ft. Benning