Uptown Beer & Wine Festival is this weekend | News
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM)- If you are a wine connoisseur or beer lover, there is an event for you this weekend!
Uptown Columbus is hosting the 4th Annual Uptown Beer and Wine Festival Saturday September 28. The event will feature more than 100 craft brews and wine, plus live music.
It will be happening at The Tap and Rankin Courtyard in Uptown Columbus from 1 to 5 p.m.
We spoke with Stephanie Woodham, the event director, who explained how this event was designed to help boost the local economy.
"For people to find their new favorite beer or their new favorite wine and in return go to our local restaurants, go to our local beverage stores, purchase the beer, ask for the wine there so those dollars go back into our community," said Woodham.
If you would like to participate in this event, you can buy tickets at the Springer Opera House box office or on their website.
The first 100 participants can get tickets for $60, which includes an early morning rafting trip with WhiteWater Express, lunch and all you can drink.
Tickets on the day of the event are $35 and do not include the rafting trip.
Copyright 2013 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Ft. Benning celebrates annual 250-foot Airborne Tower Lighting Ceremony
- Events coming Up Next! on Ft. Benning
- 12 years later, thousands of US soldiers spending holidays in Afghanistan
- Feeding an Army for Thanksgiving at Fort Benning
- Political commentator, military historian Lt. Col. Oliver North visits Ft. Benning